The Caribbean Island of Dominica is facing some significant changes in its citizenship by investment program that affect dependents and family members: new government fees have been implemented since September 15, 2022. The changes in the new applications refer to the applicant’s siblings who no longer qualify for the program; parents and grandparents whose age limit has increased to 65 years and the age of children included in the application that has been set at 18- 30 years old.
New requirements to apply for the Dominica citizenship by investment program
Under the new rules, siblings of main applicants are no longer accepted as dependents under any circumstance. Only those who are recognized as dependents and accepted to the Dominica citizenship by investment program are:
- Children who are aged 18-30 years old and who are enrolled at a recognized institution of higher education and substantially supported by the main applicant or the spouse.
- Children of the main applicant or main applicant’s spouse who is 18 years of age or older but physically or mentally challenged and is fully supported by the main applicant or the spouse.
- Unmarried daughters under twenty-five years of age of the main applicant or main applicant’s spouse who are living with and fully supported by the main applicant or the spouse.
- Parents or grandparent of the main applicant or main applicant’s spouse above the age of 65 years old who are substantially supported by the main applicant or spouse.
Changes to Government Fees
A combined administrative fee for families of 7 members is no longer required. From this moment on, only families with up to 6 members shall pay the combined administrative fee. As provided by the amended rules, the flat fee of US$25,000 shall be paid for any additional dependent.
- US$100,000 – Main applicant
- US$150,000 – Main applicant and wife
- US$175,000 – Main applicant with up to 3 dependents
- US$25,000 – Additional dependent under 18 years of age
- US$50,000 – Additional dependent above 18 years of age
Benefits of the Dominica Citizenship by Investment
- Reviewed and processed in only two months
- Visa-free access to 143 countries worldwide
- No physical residency required, with the option to obtain a second passport remotely
- Non-refundable donation from a minimum of US$100,000
- Real estate investment from a minimum of US$200,000
- No tax on income, wealth or inheritance