The top four countries for European Residency by investment based on popularity, amount of investments and accompanying benefits are Portugal, Greece, Spain and Malta.
Golden Visa Portugal
The European residency by investment in Portugal allows the holder to live, work, and study in Portugal and anywhere else within the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Benefits of the Golden Visa Portugal
- A minimum investment of €500,000 in real estate property or capital investments
- Travel visa-free within the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and 186 other countries
- Includes family members
- Renewable every two years with no residency requirements
- Citizenship is possible in 5 years
- Allows holder to live, work, and study in Portugal
- Excellent educational system
- Excellent healthcare system
Greek Golden Visa
The Greek experience and lifestyle can be yours through the Greek Golden Visa. For a minimum investment of €250,000, through a real estate purchase for private ownership or rental, one can avail of a five-year residency after which one can apply for the citizenship program.
The Greek Golden Visa allows the holder the following benefits:
- The right to live in Greece
- The entire family is eligible
- Visa-free travel to Schengen zone
- Good quality of life
- High standards of education
- Free and equal access to the Greek Healthcare System
- The Greek Golden Visa is approved within 60 days
- Does not require the applicant to live in Greece.
Golden Visa Spain
The Golden Visa Spain is ideal for those who want to live fulltime in Spain or for those who would like to maintain a second residence in Europe without having to become a citizen.
The Golden Visa Spain has the following requirements:
- A minimum investment of €500,000 in real estate
- The Golden Visa Spain is a temporary residency permit that can be renewed every two years. It is not necessary to live in Spain in order to retain and renew the residency visa permit.
- Upon the fifth year of the residency visa permit, the applicant can now apply for permanent residency.
The golden Visa Spain has several investment options:
- minimum investment €500,000 in real estate
- €2,000,000 capital investment in Spanish Public debt or;
- €1,000,000 investment in shares in an existing Spanish company with real activity or;
- €1,000,000 deposit in a reputable Spanish bank or fund or
Benefits of Spanish golden visa:
- The right to live in Spain, a member of the European Union
- Visa-free travel throughout the European Union
- Visa-free travel to 185 countries
- Available for you and your family
- No minimum stay requirements
Golden Visa Malta
Malta is an archipelago in the central Mediterranean between Sicily and the North African coast and is known for its long history and its historical sites. Malta has been a member of the European Union since 2004 and of the Schengen Area since 2007. It enjoys a stable political and financial climate.
The golden visa malta requirements:
- A minimum contribution of €600,000 to the National Development Fund and 36 months of residency or for fast track applications, a minimum contribution of €750,000 and 12 months residency
- €50,000 for every dependent included in their application
- €700,000 investment in real estate or a rental agreement of at least a €16,000 per year that must be maintained for five years
- €10,000 donation to a registered philanthropic, cultural, sport, scientific, animal welfare, or artistic non-governmental approved organization or society
The Golden Visa Malta benefits:
- Visa-free travel to 198 countries including EU and Schengen area
- The right to live and work in Malta
- All family members are included (spouse, children, parents and grandparents who are economically dependent on the applicant)
- Five years permanent residence, renewable indefinitely
- Option to apply for Maltese citizenship and passport