The Golden Visa Europe is a program where a residency permit is granted to international entrepreneurs that invest in real estate within a EU member country that offers these programs. The main benefit of this residency by investment permit is that you and your immediate family members (spouse, children, and parents) will also be beneficiaries of the residence permit, which comes with several advantages within the different countries that offer the golden visa.
For any Golden Visa Europe, the holder and all the members of the family can travel to any Schengen countries freely without the need of a visa, these would include the opportunity to explore Germany, France, and Sweden among the 26 European countries. The most famous Golden Visa Europe programs are in Spain, Portugal, and Greece with an investment range from €250,000 to €500,000.
The minimum investment needed for real estate in Greece is the lowest among the three favorites, with €250,000 and a fast 60-day process for approval. The permit will allow the investor and his family (including partner, children under 21, parents, and parents-in-law) to enjoy the ideal climate topped with marvelous landscapes. A great opportunity for business is also available within the 2,000 islands that the country has, perfect for entrepreneurs that are seeking to widen their business opportunities. In the case of Greece, it is required to reside for 5 years in the country before you can apply for the citizenship program. The investment options for the Golden Visa Greece are:
- Purchasing real estate of €250,000 to be held for the duration of residence and for a minimum period of 5 years.
- Lease a real estate or timeshare of €250,000 to be held for the duration of residence and for a minimum of 5 years.
Another option for the Golden Visa Europe is in Portugal, which has topped the Annual Global Retirement Index for 2020. The affordable lifestyle, high safety rating, and quality professional healthcare in the country make Portugal one of the best choices to invest your future in. With a minimum of €280,000, the Golden residence Portugal allows families to work, reside and study in the country while having the opportunity to experience the Mediterranean lifestyle in one of the world’s friendliest and safest countries. There are more investment options compared to Greece which widens the possibility for more international investors, and these are:
- Real estate investment of €500,000 in real estate property
- Real estate investment in an urban area of more than 30 years old or situated in an urban regeneration area for €350,000
- Real estate investment in rural areas of more than 30 years old or situated in rural regeneration areas for €280,000
- Investment in a private equity fund for at least €350,000
- Creation 10 full-time jobs within a Portuguese business
- Investment of €350,000 in research by accredited institutions from a national scientific and technological system
- Investment of €350,000 in an existing company registered in Portugal
Lastly, the Spanish Golden Visa is the choice of investors that want new opportunities along with the enviable quality of life in the Mediterranean country with famous destinations as Barcelona and Ibiza. Likewise, this Golden Visa allows the whole family to enjoy the desirable and low cost of living while having the opportunity to work and to travel to the Schengen area. This permit does not require any length of stay before having to benefit from its advantages, as long as the investor choose between these investment options:
- A real estate investment of a minimum of €500,000
- A €1,000,000 investment in shares or business of Spanish companies
- A €2,000,000 investment into government bonds
- A fund transfer of €1,000,000 into a Spanish bank account
These three famous Golden Visa Europe follow a similar acquisition process which starts with the help of our experts in Orience International for you to choose the best investment route. After deciding on the place and investment option that you want to proceed with, you will be submitting all the legal documents as well as the residence application. And after your residence application has been examined and approved, you will be issued with the residence permit.