For wealthy Singaporeans, another residence in another country is a good investment particularly at this time when the freedom of movement has been curtailed by the Covid-19 global pandemic or if you would like your child to avail of an excellent education in a European country. One of the best ways to get that new passport is by invest into property.
There are several countries in the European Union that have excellent residency programs. Portugal, Spain and Greece are the most popular.
Benefits of the Golden Visa Portugal
- A minimum investment of €500,000 in real estate property
- Travel visa-free within the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and 186 other countries
- Includes family members
- Renewable every two years with no residency requirements
- Citizenship is possible in 5 years
- Allows holder to live, work, and study in Portugal
Golden Visa Portugal real estate option
Invest into property in Portugal to obtain the Golden Visa is perhaps the most popular way to get the residency in the country. This is because Portugal is seen as a prime destination among property investors, with a flourishing real estate market, high rental yields, and booming tourism industry.
- Many expats buy properties in Portugal for tourism purposes, or to serve as a second home or a retirement destination. You can invest in newly-built properties in thriving Lisbon or Porto starting from €500,000.
- However, the Portuguese government would like to transfer the focus of real estate investments from the high-density areas like Lisbon, Porto, the Algrave, and the high-density coastal towns like Setubal and the Silver Coast to low-density areas like the Azores, Madeira and the cities and towns in the interior of Portugal where you can invest €350,000 for existing properties located in urban re-generation areas
- The most economical investment route for the scheme is to make a €280K investment in the rehabilitation of real estate in low-density areas. The Portugal Golden Visa property for sale must at least be more than thirty years old and undergoing renovation.
Golden Visa Spain
Invest into property for obtain the residency or the Golden Visa Spain is the best option for high-net worth individuals and their families who are from non-European Union countries.
The Golden Visa Spain is ideal for those who want to live fulltime in Spain or for those who would like to maintain a second residence in Europe without having to become a citizen. The Golden Visa Spain has the following requirements:
- A minimum investment of €500,000 in real estate
- The Golden Visa Spain is a temporary residency permit that can be renewed every two years. It is not necessary to live in Spain in order to retain and renew the residency visa permit.
- Upon the fifth year of the residency visa permit, the applicant can now apply for permanent residency.
A minimum investment €500,000 in Spain will not only buy you a prime real estate property but also the freedom of movement throughout the European Schengen area, excellent healthcare, world-class school and universities including the two if the best business schools in the world, a healthy lifestyle that is based on the Mediterranean diet and a relaxed, unhurried pace of life.
On the tenth year the applicant can apply for Spanish citizenship. The Spanish government no longer requires full time residence in Spain to meet the citizenship requirement. Multiple exits are possible as long as the trip does not last longer than six consecutive months. This means that applicants only need to travel just twice a year to Spain.
Benefits of Spanish Golden Visa:
- The right to live in Spain, a member of the European Union
- Visa-free travel throughout the European Union
- Visa-free travel to 185 countries
- Available for you and your family
- No minimum stay requirements
Benefits of Permanent Residency through the Spanish Golden Visa:
- Same rights as Spanish citizens
- Excellent educational system
- Excellent healthcare system
- Healthy Mediterranean diet
- Relaxed and stress-free lifestyle
The Greek Golden Visa
The Greek experience and lifestyle can be yours through the Greek Golden Visa. For a minimum investment of €250,000, through a real estate purchase for private ownership or rental, one can avail of a five-year residency after which one can apply for the citizenship program.
The Greek Golden Visa allows the holder the following benefits:
- The right to live in Greece
- The entire family is eligible
- Visa-free travel to Schengen zone
- Good quality of life
- High standards of education
- Free and equal access to the Greek Healthcare System
The Greek Golden Visa is approved within 60 days and does not require the applicant to live in Greece.