As the situation in many countries around the world become unfavorable for wealthy individuals, a second citizenship is increasingly becoming more attractive. A European citizenship is the most attractive particularly as some countries have a citizen by investment program. These programs afford the applicant freedom of movement, the right to settle with family within Europe, and ease of doing business. It also gives the applicant and his family access to a high standard of living, a safe environment, exceptional healthcare, an excellent educational system. One of the most interesting ones is the Italian residence by investment
The European citizenship by investment program allows for new investment opportunities with among others, a favorable tax system and lucrative real estate opportunities.
The Golden Visa is an immigrant investor program offered by several countries in Europe, the Caribbean and the Middle East where residency is guaranteed in exchange for a minimum amount of investment in real estate or investment funds in the country of choice.
Benefits of a golden visa
Freedom of movement
The holder of a Golden Visa can travel visa-free to 186 countries all over the world.
The holder of a Golden Visa one can live, work, and study anywhere within the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
For those who live in countries where the political and economical situation is volatile or unstable, a second country that is politically and economically stable is an excellent option.
The Golden Visa is perfect for those who would like to retire to a country that has agreeable weather most of the year, a relaxed and healthy lifestyle, has a good public health system and where the security of their citizens is assured.
The Golden Visa is ideal for those who have children who are still in school and would like to avail of the high education standards that European schools have to offer. It is also perfect for adults who would like to pursue higher studies in one of the many prestigious universities in Europe and establish their careers and future in Europe.
Italian residency by investment
Italy is a country rich in art and architecture with a history that begins in pre-history. Its strategic location in the center of the Mediterranean Sea, between Europe, North Africa and the Middle East has always made it a vibrant trade and economic zone since the time of the Romans. Presently, Italy is the third most powerful country and second largest manufacturing economy in Europe and one of the most important economies in the world, ranking 8th in the world. This success allows Italians to enjoy high standards of living, quality education and excellent healthcare.
Italian residency options for investment
Investor Visa Program
- Applicant must make a minimum investment of €500,000 in real estate or a company that is incorporated and active in Italy or,
- Applicant must make a minimum investment of €250,000 an innovative startup or,
- Applicant must make a minimum donation of €1,000,000 to support a project of public interest in the fields of culture, education, immigration management, scientific research, preservation of cultural and natural heritage or,
- Applicant must invest a minimum of €2,000,000 in bonds and securities issued by the Italian government
Elective Residence Program
This program is for individuals who are financially self-sufficient and do not want to make a significant capital investment. The individual must prove that he or she has a stable annual passive income from abroad of not less than E31,160.
Italy golden visa benefits
The Italy Golden Visa offers the holder many benefits:
- Holder can live, work and study anywhere in Italian territory
- Family members of the holder, spouse, children and dependent parents, may apply for a residence permit without additional investment
- No permanent stay in Italy is required
- A residence permit is valid for two years and can be renewed for another
- three years after which the holder can apply for a long-term residence permit
- Holder can apply for citizenship after ten years of residence
- The Italian government allows dual citizenship
- Holder can travel visa-free to European Union countries and Schengen countries
- Holder can avail of special tax regime like flat tax rates or 0% rate for those who are retiring in Italy
- Holder can avail of excellent education opportunities
- Holder can avail of excellent medical and health services
Italy golden visa application requirements
- The applicant must apply online for a Nulla Ostra or Certificate of No Impediment which will be processed in just 30 days
- The applicant must apply for a visa at the Italian Embassy or Consulate
- Applicant must additionally submit legal documents such as a valid passport, a bank statement of the investment and a health certificate
Application period may take a minimum of 6 months.