The rooting process is a well-recognized route that enables foreigners to establish themselves in Spain. However, a less explored avenue within this process is roots by education, which presents a promising option for those foreigners who have completed higher education in the country.
The underlying idea is that, having received relevant education in Spain, these individuals are in a privileged position to contribute to the Spanish social and economic fabric. In this article, we will unravel the intricacies of roots by education, its requirements, and the procedure for applying, providing a detailed guide for those interested in exploring this option.
What is Roots by Education?
Roots by Education is a category within the rooting process that allows foreigners to obtain residence in Spain based on higher education received in the country. This option is intended for foreigners who have completed higher education at a recognized educational institution in Spain and wish to remain in the country, contributing their acquired knowledge and skills.
Requirements for Roots by Education:
- Certificate of Completed Studies: An official certificate proving the completion of higher education at a recognized institution in Spain is required.
- Proof of Legal Stay During the Education Period: It is essential to demonstrate that your stay in Spain during the period of education was legal and in compliance with the prevailing regulations.
- Sufficient Financial Means: Evidence of having the financial means necessary to support yourself without the need for social assistance.
- No Criminal Record: No criminal record in Spain or the countries of residence for the past five years.
Procedure for Applying for Roots by Education:
- Submission of Application and Required Documentation: Initially, submit the application along with the necessary documentation to the Foreigners’ Office.
- Review by Competent Authorities: Authorities will review the application and submitted documentation to ensure compliance with the established requirements.
- Await Response Period: The stipulated time must be waited for a response.
- In the Case of Approval, Follow Subsequent Steps to Obtain Residency: If the application is approved, follow the indicated steps to obtain the residence card.
Benefits of Roots by Education:
- Residence and Work Opportunities in Spain: Once residency is obtained, individuals have the right to reside and work in Spain, accessing a world of opportunities.
- Access to Other Rights and Services: Additionally, access to various rights and services offered by the Spanish state is granted.
- Duration of Obtained Residency: Understand the duration and conditions of the obtained residence.
- Possibility of Bringing Family Members: Explore the conditions under which it is possible to bring family members to Spain.
This article serves as a starting point for those interested in exploring roots by education as a pathway to residence in Spain. If you have further questions or require detailed guidance, please feel free to reach out to us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What level of education is required to apply for roots by education?
You are required to have completed higher education at a recognized educational institution in Spain, including university degrees, master’s, or doctorates.
How can I prove my legal stay in Spain during the education period?
You can prove your legal stay by providing visas, residence permits, or any other official document that verifies your legal stay in Spain during the education period.
What type of residence is obtained through roots by education?
Roots by education grants a temporary residence permit, allowing you to live and work in Spain.
Is it possible to bring my family to Spain once roots by education is obtained?
Yes, it is possible to apply for family reunification once you have established a stable situation in Spain, meeting specific conditions and requirements as per the law.
What happens if my application for roots by education is rejected?
In case of rejection, you can file an administrative appeal for judicial review. It is advisable to seek the guidance of an immigration lawyer.
What rights do I have after obtaining roots by education?
After obtaining roots by education, you have the right to reside and work in Spain, as well as access various services and rights provided by the Spanish state, on equal terms with Spanish citizens.
How long does the roots by education application process take?
The processing time can vary but generally takes between 3 to 6 months. However, due to the accumulation of applications or other factors, the process may extend.
What other types of roots exist in Spain?
In addition to roots by education, there are other categories such as social roots, work roots, and family roots, each with its own requirements and procedures.